Some days after work I need a warm beverage or a good drink. Some days I want to cry before going in. Other days at the end of the day tears are welling up. It's an emotional roller coaster.
Often I am sick of talking to people by the end of the day and listening to their problems that I have no energy left to talk to my family. It probably doesn't help that I'm not a morning person either.
I want to believe the best in people. But I find that difficult. We're told to forgive and to love our neighbors, but it's hard. We live in a fallen world with broken people. Who do stupid things and blame others or their circumstances. I'm no different obviously. I gripe and moan with the best of them. How do we handle the worst of the world? Do we always give it our best shot? What does that even look like? It's tough to not become cynical and jaded as an adult. It's not easy to love the people nearest and dearest to us sometimes, how do we have hope to care for complete strangers? God sure hatched a crazy plan when he decided to use us to demonstrate his love with the world. How many times we have failed to be adequate examples and yet He loves us all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment