Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Life is short
I found out one of my friends in Argentina passed away suddenly. This guy was only 22 years old. His birthday party was the first one I ever went to in Argentina. I didn't even really know him at the time, but was invited to tag along anyway. He was an incredibly talented musician, who played 5 instruments beautifully. It's hard to imagine that he is gone. I know he will be missed terribly. Thankfully, because of our shared faith, I am assured he is in a better place. Death is still a hard reality to face. There is such a sense of injustice when a young person's life is cut so short. Many Biblical passages remind us of the brevity of life. How often when you say goodbye do you think that it could really be the last time you will see that person on earth? I wonder how differently we would live if that was kept in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment