
A few weeks ago, I was able to visit some friends in North Carolina. Alejandra (pictured with me) was visiting from Argentina. The Pattersons are a family that I worked with in La Plata. We had a great time drinking mate and brushing up on our foreign language skills. I hope these friendships will continue to span the continents and years.
The trip was life-altering. I love being around these people. I admire the way the relate to each other and other people. I enjoy our deep conversations about things that really matter. But one of the highlights of the trip was learning I had been accepted to PA school. That's my next adventure! It will be different, but in a lot of ways it will be similar to what I experience in Argentina-- a new technical "language," new people, new city, new classes, new challenges and opportunities to grow and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment