It's been at least a year since I've posted a blog. I haven't been writing much lately with the exception of trying to crank out a massive literature review assignment precisely because I've been so busy with my graduate school program of studying to be a PA. I've decided to start blogging again and revamp the site in an effort to chronicle my experiences in the clinical year of my program. I'm starting over again with new adventures.
Every 2-8 weeks or so I'll be beginning a new clinical rotation at a different site in a different area of medicine. Basically I'll have a nomadic lifestyle - carting my suitcase around in my car while I eat, sleep, and breathe medicine. I'm leaving the apartment I've had in Waukesha for the last year where I attended class and won't have a place of my own for several month. Rather, I'm staying with family and some other good souls that are willing to adopt me over the course of the year to provide me with housing for my endeavors that will take me all over the southern half of the state.
With all the change and transition this will entail, I make no promises as to frequency of posts. But I hope this can be a way for my friends to keep tabs on where I am and how I'm doing. If nothing else, it will be neat to reflect on once I'm out of this school/training business and back into the "real world" with a career in health care somewhere to be determined.
It's been suggested by curious friends that because I'm moving around so much and it's hard to know where I'll be when, I should have a GPS system or app of some kind to reveal those details to only people to whom I reveal the secret password in an effort to prevent unsavory characters from hunting me down with said tracking device. This record may be a reasonable alternative--less hassle at least.
Today marks my last day of the didactic year. My classroom setting will change dramatically form the same room at the university graduate center to the clinic and hospital environment in just a few weeks.
Tomorrow I'll be headed to Toronto, Canada for a national PA conference that they hold annually. Shortly after I return, I'll be preparing to go on my first rotation in Beaver Dam for Pediatrics.
Stay tuned.
Disclaimer: Due to confidentially reasons, no patient or provider personal information will be included in any of my posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment