Part of the reason I went into health care (and to Argentina) was because of my desire to help others. I want to be an agent of good, of change, of comfort and help in the world. I'm realizing how difficult that is to accomplish because of how broken people are, myself included. I feel like there is so much that I lack. I recognize that I need to trust God to cover my weaknesses by His grace and to believe He is capable of turning the impossible into a possibility. Somehow it is so easy to loose that perspective and simply hold a narrow focus on what I see before me.
On a positive note, I've had a couple people say some very encouraging things lately. I saw a patient again who remarked on the difference he noted in me - in a good way. Since I had last seen him a few weeks prior, apparently I had gained more confidence or something. Again today, another provider I've been working with off and on noted that I was really coming into my element with our first patient encounter of the morning. That was wonderful to hear particularly because on a Monday morning that I needed an extra cup of coffee for because of staying up late watching the Packer game. I was also a tad nervous about starting up again today because of being away from patients for the better part of last week while I attended a conference in Titletown and was busy with other plans over the weekend.
There is so much I don't know, but it is reassuring to note that I'm making progress when I feel like I'm spinning my tires some days.
No comments:
Post a Comment