Friday, February 4, 2011

"un gran ni"

"Ni soy de aca de ni de alla."
That is what best describes where I am in life right now. Neither from here, nor there. The transition from Argentina back to the US has gone pretty well, but I'm still not sure where I fit. I miss aspects of Argentina--speaking in Spanish, drinking mate, and the warmth of the culture. I enjoy being home if I can still call it that amid all the changes. I just wish I knew where I was going now. It's still up in the air, which makes it a bit hard to navigate decisions. Fortunately, I'm not alone. So many people of my age group are in the same position figuring out big questions like: where to live, what to do, and who to live with. How do you make those decisions? How do you know where you belong? How do you deal with the uncertainty of life?

No comments: