They say the shortest verse of the Bible is John 11:35. It reads simply,
"Jesus wept."
Seldom do 9 letters carry such weight.
It is a fascinating statement with profound theological implications. Consider the context, Jesus' friend Larazus dies and he goes to the funeral informing his disciples in advance that he's going to raise him from the dead. Even still, he cries when he gets there and sees others mourning.
It gives me comfort and the freedom to cry in the face of death.
My grandpa passed away. He was 87 years old. A good long life I suppose in human terms. It doesn't make it easy to deal with by any means. Times like this I hate being 5675 miles away from home.
1 comment:
I love you and you are amazing! We'll get through this together. 5675 miles cannot separate us. It can only delay things a little while
Post a Comment