Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Story telling
On Monday, I took Craig, a Texan who was visiting us to explore the possibility of joining our team, to Villa Ballester. It's a suburb of Buenos Aires where Martin, the president of the Argentine Navigators, lives. Martin teaches part-time at a Christian high school and invited us to join him in class that afternoon. He also asked us to share our testimonies of how we came to know God and follow Christ. After we shared our stories, it encouraged a girl from the class to share her story. At 16, she had already been smoking, drinking, on harder drugs, and found herself pregnant, but an encounter with God turned her life around. Adolescence is a hard period of life. My story is not nearly as dramatic, but I think it's always good to share our stories. They serve as reminders of where we came from. I hope our stories will impact the rest of the students to think more about the choices they make and about who they want to be in the future. What's your story? How have you changed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment