
Last week, I was at a conference with most of the full-time Navigator staff working in Latinamerica. This is something that only happens only once every few years, so I felt privileged to be a part of it. With many people coming from Mexico and Brasil, we spoke a mixture of Spanish and Portuguese with some English tossed in for our guest speaker, Mike Shamy of New Zealand. It was a great week. The whole group is pictured above. I was surrounded by many people who have been working with The Navigators longer than I've been alive, so I benefited greatly from their wisdom and experience. It was also a good opportunity to get to know people, hear about what their ministry is like, and hear what God is doing in other countries. It was reassuring to know that I am not alone in what I have experienced either. In fact, some have had harder times. Jack came from Chile and shared a bit of his experience during the earthquake and it's aftermath. We spent a lot of time in prayer, in meetings encouraging each other, and just hanging out to nurture relationships. It's important to stay connected to one another and to stay focused on our vision of following the example of Christ in discipleship.
No comments:
Post a Comment