Last weekend, I went to Barrio San Jose with the Denton Bible Church short term missions team and the usual crew from the Centro Cristiano de la Union (CCU) church. Here are some pictures from the neighborhood and our time playing with the kids. It's kind of like visiting another world just going to this neighborhood. It is difficult confronting poverty, when I have lived extremely comfortably my whole life.
Monday, September 14, 2009
3 months in
The birds are chirping, the weather is getting warmer, the trees are budding, it's starting to look a lot more like spring. This weekend we started getting together for playing sports in the Bosque. We played volleyball and soccer. I have the bruises to prove it. Yesterday afternoon, we spent chilling at Plaza Moreno drinking mate. Above I'm pictured with Danielle and Tallia, some fellow workers in La Plata.
Last weekend, I went to Barrio San Jose with the Denton Bible Church short term missions team and the usual crew from the Centro Cristiano de la Union (CCU) church. Here are some pictures from the neighborhood and our time playing with the kids. It's kind of like visiting another world just going to this neighborhood. It is difficult confronting poverty, when I have lived extremely comfortably my whole life.

Last weekend, I went to Barrio San Jose with the Denton Bible Church short term missions team and the usual crew from the Centro Cristiano de la Union (CCU) church. Here are some pictures from the neighborhood and our time playing with the kids. It's kind of like visiting another world just going to this neighborhood. It is difficult confronting poverty, when I have lived extremely comfortably my whole life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment