I am learning patience with things and myself. I learned mandarine orange dipped in fondue is a yummy combo. Try it! I learned how to make a more Argentine dessert. I am learning how to measure in grams for baking. I am learning a temperature system I am not very familiar with. I am learning how to express length/height in meters. I am learning the value of a peso. I am learning where to find good deals on food.
I am learning about myself and how I relate to other people. My weaknesses seem to be under a spotlight at times. I am learning what my expectations are and am dealing with disappointment. I am learning about what makes me comfortable. I am discovering where I place my hope and trust. I am trying to learn to be content with who I am in every aspect.
I’ve realized that I am more concerned with what I do than with who I am becoming and that focus is off. Who I am is more important than what I accomplish.
I am trying to learn how to keep in touch with friends back home.
I am also trying to learn how to play guitar. I am learning how to prepare and serve mate. I am learning how to organize my time. I am learning that my priorities do not always line up with how I spend my time and other resources. I am learning a new schedule, but I am still boggled by the passage and sense of time.
I am finding where things are. I am observing people and picking up facts about them. I am learning that some surprising things really do transcend cultures. I am learning by experience. It’s a good thing I like learning. Sometimes I wish I could stop and feel like I finally know something. I am learning to change. This is not by any means inclusive, but it's a good beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment